The Academic Council is the official body to supervise the academic matters of the University, subject to the provision of this act and statutes.
In accordance with the provisions of the government ordinance and in exercise of the powers conferred on the office the Vice Chancellor constituted an Academic and Research Committee in November 2020 with the following members.
- Dr. P. M. Mubarak Pasha -Vice Chancellor (Chair)
- Dr. S. V. Sudheer -Pro. Vice Chancellor
- Dr. C. Udayakala- Member, Syndicate.
- Dr. T. M. Vijayan- Member, Syndicate.
- Dr. M. Rajesh – Regional Director, IGNOU
- Dr. Subramanian – Director, SDE, University of Calicut.
- Dr. Fathima.E. V.- Principal, Govt. Women’s College, Kannur.
- Dr. C. H. Jayasree- Former Associate Professor, Malabar Christian College.
- Dr. M. P.Rajan- Professor & Dean, IISER, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Dr. C. P. Vinod-Chairman, LGC.
- Dr. D. K. Sathish-Former Dy. Director, DCE.
- Dr. A. Mohanakumar-Former Associate Professor, DB College, Sasthamkotta.
- Dr. Sanal Mohan-Professor, M. G. University.
- Dr. Ramdas-Associate Professor, Govt. College, Malappuram.
- Dr. P. K. Somarajan-Former Associate Professor, SN College, Kollam.
- Dr. A. Najeeb-Former Associate Professor, Govt. College, Kariavattom.
- Dr. Sasikumar.N-Principal, UIT, University of Kerala.
- Dr. Gladys-Former Principal, Malabar Christian College.
- Dr. P. T. Sebastian-Former HoD, Nehru College, Kanjangad.
Subsequently with the creation of the First Syndicate the following members were nominated as the representatives of the syndicate.
- Dr. T.M. Vijayan
- Dr. C. Udayakala
The Sreenarayanaguru Open University Act has redesignated it as Academic Council. In view of the exigencies in relation to the academic activities for the submission of the application to the Distance Education Bureau, the Syndicate has resolved to allow the council in place to continue as per the provisions of the Act.